When: Saturday, December 12, 2020 from 10:00 to Noon — Event has Ended
Register: Complete the short Talk to Santa Sign-Up Form
* First signed up, first scheduled
• Email Your Letter to email@example.com – (We will do it again in December 2021!)
• Drop Off Your Letter at the Town of Basalt's North Pole mailboxes located at the Art Base entry (99 Midland Avenue) and the Triangle Park Stage in Willits
Take your picture with a Santa and Mrs. Claus cut out!
• Town Hall near the Caboose
• Triangle Park Stage in Willits Town Center
Submit: Home address and photo of home** to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: December 7, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. - Event has Ended
Eligible: All areas and neighborhoods in Basalt, CO
**Can be single-family home, apartment, or townhome
Prizes: A prize will be rewarded for each category: home, apartment, townhome
Approximately 20 kits per day at each location starting December 4, 2020 – Event has Ended
• Willits Town Center — location: Triangle Park Stage
• Lions Park — location: Art Base entry (99 Midland Avenue, Basalt, CO)
This year Santa and Mrs. Claus are making two special trips to Basalt to wish area children Happy Holidays!!
Check out the parade route maps to determine the best day and time to come see Santa and Mrs. Claus and give them a shout! Santa and Mrs. Claus want to personally see as many of the Basalt area children as they can! If Santa does not come by your home, you may want to have an adult park your car along the parade route. Please obey any no parking signs.
To keep you and Santa safe – You must:
• Wear your face covering unless you are 2 year of age or younger or have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing one.
• Keep at least 6 feet from another family
• Stay out of the street!
• Stay inside if you are sick!
After the parade on Friday, Santa & Mrs. Claus will be flying back the North Pole, but they will be talking to Basalt area children from their home on Saturday, December 12th; and Santa is coming back for his regular "Santa in the Hood" trip (more information below).
• Friday, December 4th : East Basalt* (Downtown Basalt) — Successfully Completed
• Friday, December 11th : 4:00PM - 6:00PM Willits/El Jebel* Willits Parade Route , El Jebel Parade Route
* Disclaimer: The parade route and details may change due to COVID-19. Please check back for updates.
1. Maintain 6 feet of distance from anyone not in your household.
2. Wash your hands often.
3. Wear a mask in public.
4. Stay home when sick.
5. Seek testing immediately and self-report if you experience symptoms.
When: December 18 and 19, 2020 - Event has Ended
Where: El Jebel and Basalt neighborhoods
Details: This is Santa’s annual “Santa in the Hood” trip when he tours the El Jebel and Basalt neighborhoods while sitting atop a fire engine. Mrs. Claus will be staying home in the North Pole for this event. Listen for holiday music as the fire engine makes its way around the community.
What: Peace. Love. Donuts in Downtown Basalt
Where: Saturday, December 5, 2020 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
When: Downtown Basalt
What: Peace. Love. Donuts at Willits Town Center
When: Saturday, December 12, 2020 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Where: Market Street - Willits
Colorado Gives Day
Two December Tuesdays are for giving with Giving Tuesday (www.GivingTuesday.org) on December 1 and Colorado Gives Day (www.ColoradoGives.org) on December 8. If you have the means, please consider giving to one of our many non-profits in this valley, especially those who have gone above and beyond during this pandemic. A full list of Basalt Chamber non-profit members can be found in their Directory (www.BasaltChamber.org).
Food Bank of the Rockies (www.FoodBankRockies.org)
Fighting hunger and feeding hope since 1978
Aspen Community Foundation
Contribute to one of the Aspen Community Foundation (ACF) COVID-19 Regional Response Efforts. ACF is located in the Town of Basalt and helps individuals and families from Aspen to Parachute. More at: www.AspenCommunityFoundation.org
For every $100- you spend at local businesses, $68- will stay in the community. Independent businesses return more than three times as much money per dollar of sales to the community in which they operate than chain competitors. Small businesses employ 77 million Americans and account for 65% of all new jobs over the past 17 years. More information at: www.BasaltChamber.org