Pool on schedule to reopen in early July
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BASALT—The Town of Basalt continues to press forward with improvements to the Arbaney Park swimming pool and expects that both the lap pool and the new Robot Kiddie Pool will be open in early July. As with construction projects across the Roaring Fork Valley and the entire state, supply chain and construction-material shortages are impacting progress at the pool.
“We still plan to have the pool open in early July. We know its hot out there right now and that our community wants to cool down in the pool,” said Town Manager Ryan Mahoney. “While we are rushing to complete many of the construction projects at the pool, many of the final pieces of construction are essential to meeting Code and for safety compliance.”
The Town’s Parks, Open Space and Trails Master Plan includes a goal to enhance the pool as a desirable community amenity with an inviting and well-shaded lounging area and fun water features that attract all ages. The Arbaney Park pool improvements were also included in the 2020 Basalt Master Plan as one of the top 13 projects that were identified by Basalt residents as a priority.
As for current construction priorities, the mechanical-room equipment—including essential pumps—have been on order for more than six months. Once they arrive, the Town’s contractor is prepared to install them and complete the mechanical room. The flooring for the Robot Kiddie Pool is scheduled to arrive June 28. Tile in the locker rooms and bathrooms is being installed, and these amenities should be complete by the opening of the pool. Inspections for the lap pool may take place as early as next week, possibly allowing the lap pool to open earlier.
There are several other planned improvements to the Arbaney Park pool. These are the first significant improvements to the pool since it was built over 25 years ago. Other upgrades to the pool include a new solar array and eight cold-climate heat pumps to power the pool facilities, resulting in significant reductions in energy use since the pool is the Town’s largest energy user.
More information is available on the Town’s webpage at: POST Webpage
We are happy to share our new Registration Page!
The Registration Page allows viewing of all current offering. You will need to create an account to register for a program.
Once you click the link above its very easy to create your own account. Follow along with these simple steps. And don't forget to add in all your household members!
Start Creating Your Account with these steps:
- Select Login/Create Account in the upper left corner, then select Create Your Basalt Recreation Account
- On mobile devices, select Account in the upper right corner and click Sign Up.
- Fill out the required information.
- To receive text alerts (i.e. class cancellations, facility closings), indicate your mobile carrier next to your cell number.
- Additional household members (spouse, children, etc.) may be added at any time in your Account Settings. Keep your entire household on one account!
- When you’ve found an Activity, make sure to select the correct account member before adding it to your cart.
- That’s it! Now you are registered for our great programs!