Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Face covering requirements in Basalt extended to July 28, 2020. Read the Resolution here.
Excerpt from Resolution No. 24, Series of 2020:
Face Coverings Required.
All persons shall wear Face Coverings:
1. When entering and while inside the areas of a place of business open to the public.
2. In such other public indoor or outdoor places where persons are unable to maintain safe social distancing (e.g. six or more feet separation) from others not of their own household, except for momentary circumstances to accept payment, deliver goods, walk or ride past another person, or perform otherwise necessary tasks.
Places of business open to the public shall not permit entry by persons not in compliance with this Public Health Order.
The following persons are not required to wear Face Coverings under this Public Health Order:
1. Persons under the age of two years;
2. Persons for whom a face covering would cause impairment due to an existing health condition; and
3. Persons working in a professional office who do not have any face-to-face interactions with the public.
4. Persons seated at a table at a restaurant and otherwise complying with the Eagle County Variance(s), Pitkin County Variance(s), or State regulations related to restaurants, as applicable.
5. Persons exercising in a gym or fitness center when wearing a face covering is not physically possible.
6. Persons exempted under a special event activity permit issued by the Town, such as performers or event participants.