Parks, Open Space & Trails Committee (POST)
About POST The POST Committee is responsible for making recommendations to the Basalt Town Council for the planning of parks, trails, open space, and related projects.
1. Old Pond Park - Trail and habitat improvements. Construction work is being wrapped up which will finish the west end of the park.
2. Arbaney Park - Pool, playground, public restroom, pool energy efficiency improvements and other improvements to be phased in over time.
3. Giving Garden - Development of policies for donations to Town Parks in lieu of bench and art donations.
4. Basalt River Park - In anticipation of the Town acquiring an additional acre of parkland, POST is gearing up for a planning process which will actively include Town Council.
5. Pitkin County Whitewater Park - POST is following Pitkin County's progress on the Whitewater Park design and will provide input as needed.
- The POST Committee created a sign program for the Town's parks that was formally adopted by the Town Council in 2015.
- POST also created the Basalt Area Parks, Open Space and Trails Master Plan that was adopted by the Town Council in 2013.
- Current POST working documents include Town Map A and Map B.
Although there is no official designated number, the POST Committee typically has between 5 and 7 members. Eligible parties must reside within the Town's limits. Please contact the Town's Planning Department if you are interested in learning more about the POST Committee or membership.
- January - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- February - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- March - Meeting 1
- April - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- May - Meeting 1
- June - Meeting 1
- July - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- August - No meetings this month
- September - Meeting 1
- October - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- November - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- December - Meeting 1 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>